Does biastape making become a problem for you while you sewing?
No more problem related to biastape neither you need any tool(binding maker), but How can we make Biastape without tool with ease? The solution is below, I have recently gone through my youtube channel comment where my viewer asked for How to make bias tape? Honestly, I wasn’t planning to make a tutorial on it but after this comment, I realize my viewer want more beginner things, So I have started Dummies Series which contain the first video called “DIY easy Biastape”(Channel Link listed in sidebar →). I am going to explain you step by step process here, So let start with DIY biastape with no bias tape maker.
1. Take Square Fabric e.g. 10 x 10 Inch.
2. Fold Square Fabric in Diagonal direction and make it rectangle, way mention below.
3. How much width you want, I am taking 1Inch so the end Double fold Bias Tape would be 0.25Inch. Mark with Chalk with the help of ruler.
4. Do serger on marked and make strips/pieces, Repeat this step till fabric end.
5. Seperate the Sergered Strips/pieces, and then join them in next step.
6. Match the opposite side strips or Match strips diagonally pin them and then do stitch diagonally.
a. Take iron in action, do ironing on stitch parts.
b. Take Measurement Scale, fold 0.25 from both sides. Hence Remaining main width would be 0.50 Inch.
c. Pin both folds or do ironing which make fabric crease, Here you go single fold is ready.
8. Double Fold Biastape making truly easy task. Take single fold biastape fold it 50% in over case 0.25Inch and Stitch it on Hemline of Shorts.
9. how to store Bias tape? Take Card stock(hard paper like Invitation cards) and Wrap around it or Take empty spool and wrap biastape around it.
I hope that you like DIY Easy Bias tape with no tool required, this is my main focus that sewing should be less expensive at the dummies levels atleast until you start earning by selling your clothes range or make a pattern and especially stop paying high prices for dresses by making those clothes at home.
Keep visiting us and do Comment, let us know what you want to learn more in Customized sewing world.